Saturday, September 21, 2013

Reclaiming Nihilism

It's a bit of a facetious title, but as I wrote on my other blog recently (which I don't post on very much anymore) I only recently came to grips with the fact that I am indeed a nihilist. Although I had really been a nihilist for years, I had fallen prey to the pop-culture caricature of nihilism. For some bizarre reason I thought that the image of the "we believe in nothing!" nihilists in The Big Lebowski somehow reflected reality. The purpose behind starting a new blog is to explore the ideas of nihilism and related philosophical positions unattached to any other terms with their own baggage. This is why I am choosing not to continue posting on the topic of nihilism on Undeniably Atheist, my old blog. Nihilism must be examined in its own light.

I created a page on Facebook for the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment